ATX Community

Posting Again - Help Please - CA LLC disregarded

BulldogTom

I am posting again because this return is driving me crazy and I am not sure how to do this in ATX.

Client formed an LLC for the purpose of doing some consulting work on the side.  The gig never materialized.  He has an LLC that is a disregarded entity for federal tax in 2016 that has nothing but Zero's and the $800 CA LLC fee due. 

I am trying to just prepare the CA return because he has no federal filing requirement.  That is not working out so well.  The 568 wants to attach to something in the Federal Return. 

Do I add the 568 to his Federal 1040 Return so that the 568 has something federal attached to it?  Then create a Schedule C that has nothing on it?  I hope not because I have already sent the 1040/540 off to e-file heaven.

I have never done a 568 that was a disregarded entity for Federal tax.  I have done plenty that were Partnerships and S Corps.

This has me very stumped and I could use some help.  And I am sure if I try to efile it I am going to get an error that the Fed Return must have been filed prior to sending the CA.

Do I just paper file the 568 with no federal return attached and go with that?

Thanks in advance.

Tom
Newark, CA

Yes, U(1) is answered yes.

But when I hit the "Check Return" button, it says a  Federal 1120 return must have been previously transmitted or transmitted with the return.  It is a Yellow error, not red, but I don't know how to get around that.

What did you do...and thanks so much for walking me through this.

Also, I want to file a CA LLC- 4/7 form with it to dissolve.  Can that form be efiled with the return or does It need to be mailed with a wet signature?

Tom
Newark, CA