ATX Community

Always Loading the ATX CD

TonyP

Why am I always prompted by the program to load the ATX CD-ROM when rolling-over a client's tax return fom 2006 when it contains a State Tax Return. This is really getting tiresome to get the CD Box, insert the CD have it spin around and the load the clients' 2007 program, also telling me to update by going to the web to bring the program up to date with the State returns. Last year I updated the program every morning, as the first thing to do, and I was all set (most of the time). Now everytime I get another State to roll-over, I need to load the ATX CD. It seems that we're going backward, or can I do something to avoid this? I have a variety of State Returns to do with retirees moving to Florida from a variety of States.

Why am I always prompted by the program to load the ATX CD-ROM when rolling-over a client's tax return fom 2006 when it contains a State Tax Return. This is really getting tiresome to get the CD Box, insert the CD have it spin around and the load the clients' 2007 program, also telling me to update by going to the web to bring the program up to date with the State returns. Last year I updated the program every morning, as the first thing to do, and I was all set (most of the time). Now everytime I get another State to roll-over, I need to load the ATX CD. It seems that we're going backward, or can I do something to avoid this? I have a variety of State Returns to do with retirees moving to Florida from a variety of States.

I reinstalled my program and selected all of the states and that seemed to work. I don't know how comfortable you are doing that at this point because you need to backup your files.

Susan