ATX Community

7004 Efile - Different rejection problem

miatax

Hi:

Finally, all my efiles came back accepted except for 1. 2007 was this compay's first year. The initial IRS rejection code dated 3/15/08 was control name must match database. So I put the first four letter of the company name under the 'control' area of the 7004 data section and resubmitted.

Again - rejection code posted 3/18/08 with same reason. I called client and he responded within a few days with a pdf file and the name that IRS has IS wrong by one letter. So immediately, I re-submitted with incorrect name 03/24/08 and yesterday I got a rejection from IRS stating that it was past the due date.

Do you think I can resolve if I call IRS directly? The company doesn't even have any activity in 2007 - only $50 in bank and common stock.

Let me know your thoughts.. thank you.

Monica

Hi:

Finally, all my efiles came back accepted except for 1. 2007 was this compay's first year. The initial IRS rejection code dated 3/15/08 was control name must match database. So I put the first four letter of the company name under the 'control' area of the 7004 data section and resubmitted.

Again - rejection code posted 3/18/08 with same reason. I called client and he responded within a few days with a pdf file and the name that IRS has IS wrong by one letter. So immediately, I re-submitted with incorrect name 03/24/08 and yesterday I got a rejection from IRS stating that it was past the due date.

Do you think I can resolve if I call IRS directly? The company doesn't even have any activity in 2007 - only $50 in bank and common stock.

Let me know your thoughts.. thank you.

Monica

Monica, I would call the practitioner's hot line and tell them the story -- the problems with ATX's efiling this year and how you just got the reject back. I had the same problem with ATX and a 990 extension last year and I was able to get it approved by calling the hot line and talking with someone. Good luck.

Maribeth

PS: As a precaution, since the 7004's were not timely acknowledged, we sent paper copies to IRS on 3/17/08. Good thing we did because we just received a reject on a 7004 that had previously been accepted. I believe that there are mice and bugs and other slimy creatures living in the EFC and I do not have a comfort level at all with ATX and its entities efiling this year.