ATX Community

Printing Notes

Pat

Hello,

I would like to print "notes" that I made in 2006 so that I can delete them. They rolled over to 2007 and are not applicable to 2007 and besides, I want to put in new notes - provided they can be printed.

Does anybody know how? Thank you Pat

Pat, here's what the help file says:

Making notes in fields

You can make reminder notes in fields. The notes do not print with your return, but they will roll over to next year. The notes can be made only in fields intended for user entry.

To create or edit a note in a filed

1. Right-click the enterable field in which you want to create a note or where a note already exists.

2. Click Insert/Edit Note.

To remove a note, follow the same procedure, except click Remove Note. A field with a note is indicated by a small red dot in the upper right of the field. When your mouse pointer is over the field, you can see the content of the note.

Maybe this is a good area for a program development suggestion...

Speaking of program development suggestions.. oh, you probably have to go to the ATX website. Hope you have your three-part login info.. ;) ;)

Hello,

I would like to print "notes" that I made in 2006 so that I can delete them. They rolled over to 2007 and are not applicable to 2007 and besides, I want to put in new notes - provided they can be printed.

Does anybody know how? Thank you Pat

Thank you for answering. I was hoping there was a way I could print them before I deleted them.

It would be nice if we had a place in the returns where we could make "preparer's notes", and be able to print that.

Actually, if you add the "Permanent File" form to your returns, there are two pages at the end of that where you can free form notes. One is just text, the other has a couple of numeric columns on it.

I was hoping there was a way I could print them before I deleted them.

Why not just open up the Windows Notepad, open the note, use 'cut and paste' to copy it to the notepad. Then you can delete the note in the return. After you copy all the notes for that return onto the notepad, you can then save it with a title like 'T/P name, 2006 Notes'. And/or print it out and put it into the client's file.

Alternatively, you could then 'cut and paste' that notepad page into a linked 'Statement' so that it is in the file with the return. To add a Statement to the return, just click on Forms, List, then Create a Statement.