ATX Community

990-N efile

taxit

Can the 990-N be efiled thru ATX and if so is there a signature form required?

taxit - you may already be registered to e-file business returns, but in case you're not, neilbrink gave me this heads up earlier when I kept having rejections on the 7004:

"You have to be registered to efile business forms, etc. Check with the efile help desk. 866-255-0654"

I had no idea that I needed to be registered. Guess I never thought I'd be e-filing business returns and never signed up. Anyway, I called the number, which turned out to be pretty quick, especially compared to the process described online at irs.gov. I think the lady said I'd be able to e-file in 24 hours or so. (I know - they're due tomorrow...) I had no problem e-filing the 990-N a couple of days later, using ATX.

My "client" (for lack of a better term) did not sign anything. I hope I don't have a problem over it, but he is in another state, plus it's one of those free-gratis, pro-bono deals... (yay)

Thank you for the info. I am registered to file business returns, however the 990-N rejected and I can not recreate the efile. It tells me I need to contact Tech support which is off today. I also am not billing for this and it was brought in today. I did see that there is no penalty for filing late, so I will contact Tech Support tomorrow.