ATX Community

Samsung ML-2510 Laser Printer for $49.95

kcjenkins

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=...amp;dcaid=17070

Samsung ML-2510 Laser Printer - 25ppm Monochrome Laser - Desktop Printer - 1200 x 600 dpi Monochrome - Mac, PC

This is an amazing price for a laser printer with 25ppm printing, if you need a new printer, or a faster printer. Check it out.

It's not for a high volume office, of course, because it only holds half a ream of paper at a time. But for those who have lower level needs, it's a laser printer for about the cost of a typical toner cartridge.

Well, two things, Gail. That cartridge is rated at 3000 pages, so it will cost less than the ink for a cheap ink-jet printer, I believe. About 2½¢ per page if you did pay $75. Two, that is the normal price per cartridge, but you can get them cheaper from several sources. And of course, refilled ones are even cheaper.

I found new ones as cheap as $37 [ which would work out to at 1¼¢ per page], at

http://www.eforcity.com/isamml2010d3.html?...06=isamml2010d3

The second thing is that you are going to pay for ink or toner with ANY printer, and this one is not any more expensive than other laser printers. For example, if the price of an ink-jet cartridge is $34 and its yield is 800 pages, then its cost per page will be 4.2¢ per page.

And that of course leaves out the issue of speed entirely. Laser printers are much faster than ink-jet printers, as a rule. I've never heard of any but the very high-end ink-jets that could reach the speed of this low-cost laser, even for plain black text printing.