ATX Community

2022 Form 1094C and 1095C

Lee B

The draft instruction for these Forms have been released.

The due date for providing these Forms to employees is March 3, 2023.

The due date for paper filing the employer copies fof these forms has changed from January 31, 2022 to February 28, 2023.

Yeah, I get one more month! Having to finish these by the end of January while also trying to finish W-2s and 1099s was a big pain!

• 1 month later...

Final Regs have been issued:

"Under section 6056 and § 301.6056-1(e) and (g), every ALE and member of an aggregated group that is determined to be an ALE (collectively, ALE member) is required to file with the IRS an information return and a transmittal on or before February 28 (March 31 if filed electronically) of the year following the calendar year to which it relates and to furnish to full-time employees a written statement on or before January 31 of the year following the calendar year to which the statement relates. The IRS generally has designated Form 1094-C, Transmittal of Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage Information Returns, and Form 1095-C, Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage, to meet the section 6056 requirements."

The due date for Employee Statements has reverted back to January 31st!    Darn!

• 1 month later...

I just finished my annual grind of preparing the ACA Forms for my largest client. Circumstances forced me to change programs.

Based on some positive online reviews, I used Tax1099.com which ended up being an exercise in frustration.

Very polished website with weak inexperienced support and confusing explanations.

I finally worked my way through it but it ended up taking 50 % longer than it should have.

Next year I will have to find another program.