ATX Community

Shame on me!! What did I do?

Lucho

The year the vehicle was placed in service was 2007 but unfortunately somehow I made a mistake and instead of 2007 I entered 1900; (1900 is part of the vehicle description in the document that my client brought to my office; so I hope the IRS can accept it as a resonable mistake. Client claimed miles expense. The return was already transmited and accepted. What do you think I should do to fix this error. Of course this will not change the tax situation but as you and me, nobody will believe that a 1900 car is still in service. Enjoy reading this post but please think and give me ideas on how to correct this with the IRS.

Thank you and good night.

Make the correction on your system and compare the tax cacluations before and after the correction. If there is no change, Do nothing. Respond only if the IRS contacts your client. Data entry mistakes happen.. You would only amend if there was correction in the income tax calculations.

Thank you Tom

Have a good day.

Lucho