ATX Community

NT - Stopping Google Ads

Corduroy Frog

Remember all those PoP-Up ads that were a nuisance, so you had to get an ad-blocker?  They seem to work.

Except for Google.  I can't even call home or go to any website that Google does not block my screen trying to sell me their latest service.

I've always been a subscriber to the idea that "Big money ruins everything it touches."  Everything from Professional Sports to Radio.  I apply this mindset to Google also.  Obviously they are not my favorite.  Why should I have to put up with Google every time I crank the car??

• Like 1

Hot topic in my home. I actually use a physical firewall (Firewalla) product. They build in many options, such as ad blocking. It allows tracking what was blocked. I also block certain countries IP addresses as well.  The one exception is my wife's phone, because a game she enjoys will not work unless certain IP's, in a country I block, are allowed (ads).

My firewall hardware (a little purple box) also allows a backup or dual internet connection, so I have a failover to Starlink if my wired provider is down. Could also be setup to use cell data as a failover/alternate