ATX Community

FYI: Ohio cities program and miniorganizer

Margaret CPA in OH

I received an email from ATX about an Ohio cities program. I called to find out if this meant that Ohio cities were no longer included in the MAX program or if this was something different. Carmen, the tech support person who took my call, had to look on the website to see what was included (of course, I had already done that and had it in front of me) and told me that only the state forms were included for 2008, not the cities. I would have to buy this new program.

My response was, well, not as controlled as I would like. I kept pressing her to acknowledge that meant that the program I had renewed was then not what I had expected to buy and that CCH had taken out some features (Ohio cities). She finally transferred me to Bill, in sales.

Turns out Bill was with "old" ATX for 4 years. He assured me that this new program was just an add on and all the cities that were there before are still included. I was relieved.

I then asked about the organizer included in the archival cd, hoping, by chance, that it just might maybe be the mini. He said it was not but he had heard there was a good chance it would return next year as so many people wanted it back. I am definitely one of those!

Just sharing information...

>>Turns out Bill was with "old" ATX for 4 years. He assured me that this new program was just an add on and all the cities that were there before are still included. I was relieved.<<

Margaret - I hope that you were properly advised on the phone by "Bill". I also ordered MAX, but being in Illinois will probably not need Ohio cities & do not expect to get them with Max. After I read your post, I re-read the ATX program info online & 1040 Office is the only program said to include "all cities".

Might I suggest that you request confirmation on the "official" board & see if you can get formal written acknowledgement of your understanding?

z