ATX Community

NT CCH direction

RoyDaleOne

I saw an article which included the background of the "president" of CCH Small Firm ?,.

I found it most interesting in that the president background did not include any tax or accounting experience, he has a computer programmer, IT, background. Please, note I have written and sold custom and generic programs for DOS and Windows from DOs, to Windows286 to XP.

That explains alot to me about some of the design features I hate, that are in some of the offerings.

Also, explains, the title CCH Small Firm, I have never understood the image, from a marketing point of view, of the use of the term "small". CCH's releases indicated that the CCH Small Firm clients number in excess 45,000. I wonder hom many large firms tere are?

I love telling my clients that I use CCH's Small Firm software. What does that say to them? I am a small firm? You have an accountant that uses small firm software? That my work (the client's work) is small firm work?

Putting a programmer in charge of a company that sell its products to tax and/or accounting firms, and law firms makes one wonder where the company's heart is, the company or the customer?

Yes, we maybe, or, are small firms, but do we need a constant reminder of that fact.

Thanks for letting me b****, well you know.