ATX Community

TRXALLIANCE

cientax

Does anyone know if TRXALLIANCE is same as TRXPRO? I got the post cards from the same address and with same phone numbers but not sure if same company?are they also part of CCH which bought out ATX and TAXWise. Also I received postcard from company called Flashtax 1040LLC which offers the exact same thing as TRX with the same prices. Are they also part of CCH MONOPLY? I switched from ATX to TRX because of pricing and because TRX offers more for the money. TaxWise I never have liked. When I worked for IRS years ago, that is what the IRS used for preparing returns and it was not very user friendly. I ordered the TRX program last week and still have not received anything from them. When I call support, I keep getting transfered then put on hold the when support comes back, they can't help or they take forever and by phone battery dies before we finish what we started.

TRX Alliance is a company that offers its members tax software with a "bulk rate discount." By having lots of members they can get us good prices on tax software. I joined last year after the customer service issues with ATX. The software they offer is TRX Pro. A couple of years ago they switched to offering Orrtax Intellitax as their product. (I don't know what they used before that). Offer the summer they added an upgraded offer for $699 and called it Tax Pro TW. The TW was Taxwise. Then in the fall, CCH Taxwise bought Orrtax Intellitax. That means both the $299 and $699 packages from TRX are both Taxwise. But that wasn't TRX's choice.

I am not familiar with FlashTax, but they appear to be more limited (i.e. they don't offer all the states). I did not download their demo to see what program they use.

I still have my reservations about TaxWise, but I may just have to get used to it. Maybe if enough people have problems with TaxWise this season, TRX will choose a different program for next year. The downside would be having to convert AGAIN!

I had pretty good customer service response from TRX last year, but have not called for anything this year. I will probably be calling today. I hope there are no problems answering my questions.

Does anyone know if TRXALLIANCE is same as TRXPRO? I got the post cards from the same address and with same phone numbers but not sure if same company?are they also part of CCH which bought out ATX and TAXWise. Also I received postcard from company called Flashtax 1040LLC which offers the exact same thing as TRX with the same prices. Are they also part of CCH MONOPLY? I switched from ATX to TRX because of pricing and because TRX offers more for the money. TaxWise I never have liked. When I worked for IRS years ago, that is what the IRS used for preparing returns and it was not very user friendly. I ordered the TRX program last week and still have not received anything from them. When I call support, I keep getting transfered then put on hold the when support comes back, they can't help or they take forever and by phone battery dies before we finish what we started.

Hello cientax, did you receive your software yet? If not please e-mail and I will get the tracking number for you and see where it is at. My e-mail is [email protected] I do not know who flash tax is either.

Let me know if I can help Doug Hughes

Hello cientax, did you receive your software yet? If not please e-mail and I will get the tracking number for you and see where it is at. My e-mail is [email protected] I do not know who flash tax is either.

Let me know if I can help Doug Hughes

Doug, I sent you email yesterday after reading this response. I HAVE NOT received a single thing since I ordered AND paid last week. Today is friday jan 16, 2009 and I ordered last friday with Carlos and have talked to him since but still have NOTHING. Can you help today or tomorrow????? Please respond with email and not here on this blog. I am on the phone right now but TRX but am on hold and have been for the last TWENTY MINUTES. Can YOU help???????????

@cientax - I was on hold for 32 minutes this morning when I called. Hold in there, they'll answer shortly.

@TRX President - Could you also reply to the email I sent you last week and / or my message I left with Chris today who passed it along to Dustin? There is something I would really love to speak with you about.