ATX Community

Anyone using ATX document mgr and client write up?

David

Has any of you tried using the client write up or the document manager programs?

If so, are they worth loading and using?

If I recall, last year those programs as well as the scan & fill program did not get good reviews from those who tried them. I'm wondering if ATX made enough improvements to make those programs worthwhile.

For any who use and like the document manager- will the client folders/documents I have set up in my windows directory

be able to be easily imported into the ATX document manager?

Thanks,

David

I use the Document Manager Program and I do like many of the features of it. For example, in ATX when you print the the document to a PDF it gets filed automatically into the client folder in Document Manager. You can scan other documents directly into the program but we have found it easier to scan to a file and import it into the program. In order to get your files from windows to the program you will need to import and assign each file individually. A couple of things I don't like about the program is that it runs a little slow on my network and everytime I have installed it on a new computer I have had problems that I had to get resolved through tech support. By the way a good scanner makes all the difference in the world. Hope this helps

Jake

The Document Manager just came out with scanning multiple pages to PDF format. This has not been available in the past which forced you to use a third party PDF program. I think doc manager is just as good as drake and File cabinet solution by Thompson. I have used both of these products.

I think the writeup is good. I use it mainly for TB writeup but not payroll yet. It beats drake hands down but probably not to the calibur of Thompson writeup.

I ordered the write-up package and like what I see thus far. I was using Accountant's Relief. Both are good value for the money.

ATX write-up looks similar to Accountant's Relief, but financial statement formatting looks like a big PITA just like in Creative Solutions. If you don't care about SSARS-compliant statements, use the ones that come with the package (which assume adherence to GAAP), but if you want to customize headings, etc. you have to go through some song-and-dance.

Why on earth these software companies don't use templates like the old service bureaus did -- yes I'm showing my age -- I'll never know.

The write-up program looks exactly the same as one written by Florida panhandle software company, which I am 99.9% certain that CCH is reselling or purchased. My daughter used the other software at another CPA, and tells my is exactly the same.

As a pure T/B and transfer to the tax program, the client write-up software, it works, just not very efficiently, mainly in the setup, followed by the format of reports. For example I have not found were your can get a report for the amount of federal payroll tax deposits is due for month, that does not include state junk. A sub total on the available report is all that is need.

I have used a number of write-up methods starting with manual write-up, paper tape input, up to some of the current asp models.