ATX Community

Client letter

Terry O

Ok - -sooooooo I had uninstalled the CD program last week & downloaded from the internet - -all working fine!

Until I apparently downloaded a NEWER version of the program 1/22 - -and now the client letter is GONE - - -not even available on the web.

Am I going crazy - -OK - -probably - -but has anyone else experienced this problem??

Thanks!

Ok - -sooooooooo I get out the DC that came here on Sat - -put it in the computer - - -defective cd - - yeah - - like tape marks on the back - -

Again - -7 years with ATX - - -

Now, I can download the zip file of the client letter (which - - by the ways - -WORKED on Thurs) and now, can someone tell me how to import it into the program ????

After you've downloaded a .zip file, it will need to be unzipped. If you do not have a program that unzips files, you may need to get one. Most common program used is called WinZip. After that process is done you will need to copy that file (most tax files will end in .vts, others may want to throw their two cents in on this one). Copy the file by right clicking on it and click Copy. Next, you will need to find the folder where ATX stores all the forms (usually in the Database somewhere). Once in the folder, right click in an open space and click Paste.

Other suggestions may work as well. Wait to see if anyone else offers any and then pick the best procedure you feel more comfortable in doing.

Thanks - -did that - -no luck - - 30 min with tech support - -he is having the same issues in individual forms - -BUT - -he can access through mater forms - -I cannot.

Tried everything - - downloading - -unzipping - -yada, yada, rebooting - - -restarting - - -everything but uninstalling & reinstalling - - -

I must say - -he was VERY impressed with my knowledge of the program - -informed him - -for the past 7 years - -I have had EVERY glitch known - - -

Gonna be a LONG day - - -

uninstalled - - re-installed from web - - -still no letter - - did the search - -found it - - downloaded it - -unzipped - -sent to New files - -unzipped AGAIN - - -restarted - - -

TA DA !!!! IT WORKED ! ! !

I am ready for a nap - - or at least to go out & clear the snow - -again!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions!