ATX Community

Error code 1068 sequence 1185

Kea

I got a reject on my first e-file of the season. Both taxpayer and spouse are in the military and received non-combat pay. (In the case of the spouse, ALL was non-combat-- box 1 was blank). Got an error that if the non-taxable combat pay election (seq 1185) is significant it must equal the total non-tax combat pay on form W-2. I've entered everything as it is on the W-2s. Is anyone aware of a problem with this issue at IRS?

I'm using TaxWise through TRX and spoke to their support people and they could not find any errors in the return. Anyone know if this was a glitch, a TaxWise problem or an IRS problem?

They suggested that I re-submit and just try again.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, after many conversations with TRX and IRS (and a total of 3 rejects), I've found no real reason for the return to have this error. As a last resort, I sent the e-file without the box 12 Q info for the TP. Since it was only including the Q info for the spouse, everything now matched up. It was accepted last night.

Now to see if it generates a letter for a W-2 mismatch. I will be happy to explain to IRS why I filed it that way.