ATX Community

MA, CT, NJ etc preparers

joanmcq

Last night I tried to efile my first CA RDP return of the season, and I find out ATX isn't supporting at least CA RDP returns this year. They did last year and this was how I found out about it; by getting the error message. Apparently this is not CA, it is ATX. Why the heck did they discontinue efiling these returns? There was no problem last year.

Anyone from ATX got the answer? I sent a note to the suggestion box, but its a little late for changes, don't you think? This SUCKS for my practice!

MA does not have a separate worksheet - and does not have RDPs nor require gender ID for married. Don't know if this procedure will work with CA, but the way MA works is that we have to file each partner as an individual for federal, then open a new file and prepare a "dummy" federal MFJ so that the appropriate items flow to the MFJ state return. I usually duplicate the more detailed individual federal return, rename, then add the other person's info. E-file each individual federal on it's own. Then e-file the state MFJ. Hope this helps.

Wendy