ATX Community

Did any one else get taken by ATX / TRX

hburkholder

I bought TRX to use with ATX on some returns to try this year. As some of you know you cannot use both. TRX refused to refund my money even though I could not use the program. Today they agreed to credit me $299 toward ATX max for next year. They are telling me they are marketing this for $699 so I will only need to pay $400 next year. I just checked and ATX is marketing MAX for $1100. Sounds almost too good but here is the e-mail I received.

If you have already transmitted from the ATX software then you will not be

able to transmit from our program. The only thing we can do for you is

credit your money for next year, and you can use ATX through us. ATX through

us $699, so all you have to do is pay an additional $400 to us next year to

have ATX. The program is ATX MAX and you will get free unlimited e-filing

for your individuals and business, all 50 States, and all the business

forms.

That's exactly what happened to me. Also, I had set up my info with TRX so I could efile if I used that program. I was then unable to efile thru ATX because of the identical EFIN's. That took 2 days for them to finally figure out! I was also given the $299 credit toward ATX Max for next year with the same price quote of $699, $400 after the credit. I don't know how they would be able to market the software at $699 and ATX at $1,100. I guess we will find out. If I don't get the credit (toward anything) I will be calling and insisting on a refund since we were able to purchase both software packages without knowing that we wouldn't be able to use both. Their fault, not ours.

Diane

Well if IntelliTax or CCH thought they could sell to those customers for the ATX price they wouldn't sell to TRX. But there are definitely advantages. TRX is an additional sales force and targets "bargain" customers. Basically it allowed IntelliTax, allows CCH to focus on higher value customers. It also pushes support of low volume offices onto TRX instead of CCH. The fact that some of the existing customers who were happy to pay the ATX fee will move probably won't cost enough to offset the benefits.