ATX Community

Run ATX on MS Server 2003

MJG CPA

Does anyone run ATX on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 operating system?

Last year, we upgraded our server to Windows Server 2003 which we cleared with tech support before doing so. But that was before CCH buyout. Now, as I load disks like ATX Document Manager and Trial Balance, I get pop up windows that say "Microsoft Windows Server 2003 is not a recommended OS for running ATX Products" or "Windows Server 2003 is not a recommended OS for running UTS products."

I'm just wondering what's going to happen when I load the 2007 tax program? Will it work or should I be thinking about putting my server back on Windows XP?

I will call tech support, but sometimes the canned answers they give you don't jive with what users are actually experiencing. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks for your input.

Does anyone run ATX on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 operating system?

Last year, we upgraded our server to Windows Server 2003 which we cleared with tech support before doing so. But that was before CCH buyout. Now, as I load disks like ATX Document Manager and Trial Balance, I get pop up windows that say "Microsoft Windows Server 2003 is not a recommended OS for running ATX Products" or "Windows Server 2003 is not a recommended OS for running UTS products."

I'm just wondering what's going to happen when I load the 2007 tax program? Will it work or should I be thinking about putting my server back on Windows XP?

I will call tech support, but sometimes the canned answers they give you don't jive with what users are actually experiencing. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks for your input.

We just upgraded to 2003, and I got the same messages. I have been meaning to call tech support, but you know how that is... I need to get a round tuit. Please post the gist of what you find out - I would like to know.

We just upgraded to 2003, and I got the same messages. I have been meaning to call tech support, but you know how that is... I need to get a round tuit. Please post the gist of what you find out - I would like to know.

I wonder if the installation program has just not been programmed to recognise the OS yet. Quite frequently the honest answer is that they haven't had enough customers using the product in that platform to know of all the 'kinks' that might occur. While it might work good in testing on a standard configuration, it might not work on another configuration, know what I mean? Too bad that we can't have William's insight into the issues coming across the lines.