ATX Community

e-filing w-2s

David

Since it has been a year since I filed W-2s on the SSA BSO website, I looked for the instructions in the ATX knowledge base to see how to file W-2s. My search comes up empty.

I know there are instructions somewhere because I knew how to do this last year.

I stumbled through and I think I filed at least the federal w-2s on the BSO website. I selected the .ASC file and ran the accuwage test. All tests were successful. I received a confirmation from BSO that all my files were received.

Is the .ASC file the correct one to send? What is the .ZIP file for? I am curious if that is the file I am supposed to send. When I ran accuwage tests on the .ZIP files, I received errors that don't make sense.

Is my thinking correct that since I received a confirmation from BSO that my files were received, that I successfully filed the W-2s?

Thanks for your help.

Is the .ASC file the correct one to send? What is the .ZIP file for? I am curious if that is the file I am supposed to send. When I ran accuwage tests on the .ZIP files, I received errors that don't make sense.

Is my thinking correct that since I received a confirmation from BSO that my files were received, that I successfully filed the W-2s?

Thanks for your help.