ATX Community

Form 1116 - Line 1a

miatax

Re: Form 1116 - Foreign Tax Credit

Line 1a - Gross Income from sources within country ......

ATX shows nothing in line 1a... why? Last year, it did.. when I try to cross-reference, it states ' no supporting form'...

Foreign tax credit = $520 which shows in part II

This results in no credit flowing through to 1040.. am I missing something? Is this correct?

Form 1116 - The problem is box 7 in ATX. ATX automatically filled information in box 7 in. This year it i snot doing it.

Please help.. I don't know if this is a foreign tax credit that can be taken into page 2 of the 1040 or if this is atx that is not including the correct information.

Not sure what you mean by box 7. If this is a joint return, just delete the 1116 since the tax is under $600. It should then flow from the 1099-DIV input straight to 1040 line 47.

The problem may be the category. Above the form is a drop down box to select the category. Select passive and see if that works. If not, curse ATX because their 1116 is a freakin mess. I've made suggestions every year but they don't improve it.