ATX Community

Foreign Tax Credit 1116

L.S.

Trying to input info from K-1 with amounts for Form 1116. 2 countries. Have info and amounts for 16A, 16E, 16J and 16M for each country. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to put this info in the input or detail screens so I just thought I would go directly to this form and override this info. Worked fine for first country - column A, but when I tried to enter info for column B (override) I get the message can't replace a locked cell with a formula.

Please help.

Thank you.

Trying to input info from K-1 with amounts for Form 1116. 2 countries. Have info and amounts for 16A, 16E, 16J and 16M for each country. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to put this info in the input or detail screens so I just thought I would go directly to this form and override this info. Worked fine for first country - column A, but when I tried to enter info for column B (override) I get the message can't replace a locked cell with a formula.

Please help.

Thank you.

Try the input screens for 1099-Int and 1099-Div, maybe K-1 input, I don't know where the income is from. You may have to hunt for a while, and be sure to enter date. Also, I remember having to pull don't "passive" on the 1116 form. Sorry, that's about all I know.

Edit: Sorry, you said it was from a K-1. My bad.