ATX Community

Document manager / scan and fill

taxtrio

Looking for comments from anyone using Document Manager and/or Scan and Fill from ATX.

Pros/Cons? Does it save you time? Is it accurate? Easy to use? Tips?

I signed up for the TRX 699.00 software with the document manager. I hope to save time and do less filing.

I will need to buy a scanner.... suggestions? I hope this will be cheaper than hiring someone to help with the filing,

etc.

Appreciate any comments. Thanks in advance

Taxtrio

We have used the document manager system for two years now and generally speaking I like the system. I would suggest that you purchase a good scanner we use two different scanners one is a Xerox documate desk top scanner that works good with Document Manager. We also use the scan function on on our copier/ printer (Ricoh MP 2550) which also works well. I like the look and the feel of the program and it is very nice to have all of the files right on the desktop. I also like how easy it is to "print" the tax return directly to the document manager. We have also saved on printing and storage costs because we no longer print and file copies of the tax returns. Last year when we built our new office I purposely designed it without a lot of storage space to force us towards a paperless office. My major complaint is that the program is a little (sometimes alot) slow and clunky and sometimes the program can be a little temperamental. We run the program as a network application and I wonder if would run better as a stand alone application. I would also suggest that you not wait until tax season to get the program up and running.