ATX Community

Partnership -SE figures flowing to K-1 do not appear correct

carolynm

I'm preparing a 1065 for what amounts basically to a holding company. The business has invested in horse racing enterprises and simply receives 3 Parternship K-1's. On 2 of the K-1's the entity is listed as a limited partner, and on the 3rd nothing is checked off. The 3rd shows SE earnings (negative figure of $300)

I have inputted the K-1's and divided up the amounts amongst the partners and now I see all three K-1s have been factored into the SE Earnings calculations passing through to the individual partners. I have inputted zeros into the box 14 of the K-1 input sheet but the program keeps including the 2 K-1s that don't include self employment earnings in the calculations. I can override but I'd like to know is this my error somewhere or is the a program issue? If a program issue this may be the straw that broke the camels back for me. I'm on the verge of switching...

Looking at the schedule K detail items worksheet calculation for Line 14 it is says it takes Lines 1-3 add them and then deducts line 4. For limited partners this is not correct. I have the limited partner field checked....anything else I could be doing wrong.

Thanks

Carolyn