ATX Community

Old ATX Programs

Burke

A couple of weeks ago I had occasion to try to access my 2004 ATX program and although the icon is still on my desktop, and it is listed when I click on Programs, it tells me the program cannot be located when I try to access. I did not delete it or uninstall it. The same thing has happened to 2005. 2006, 2007 and 2008 are all okay. Anyone know why this may have happened? Do they self-destruct after a few years?

They do NOT self-destruct after a few years. Did you by any chance get a new computer? Sometimes when I get a new computer the old stuff is stored in another drive e.g. f drive, so the icon will be saying go to ATX2004 C: and now it's in F:,

am I making ANY sense??? lbb

Assuming you are talking about the same computer, try this:

Right-click on the icon for the program, and then click on Properties. Then click on Find target. If it finds it, that should solve the problem. But to be sure, next click on Change Icon. It will find the icon. Click on OK. Then click on Apply when you get back to the Properties screen. Now click OK. You should then be able to access the program.

If it does not find it, look carefully at the first box, that is labeled Target, to see if anything has changed. You can also use Windows Explorer to find the directory, if you are not sure what drive it is on.