ATX Community

EA TEST

TAXMAN

I took all three parts in January--passed (probably by the skin of my teeth). I liked the online format and most of the questions were relatively straight forward/understandable. I found only 2 or 3 that were poorly written (I had previously seen some feedback that confusing questions was a problem for some folks). For the most part, the questions on the actual test were a bit easier than the ones in the review course I used.

For my review course I used Gleim. They talked me into buying the super-duper all inclusive package but I only used the book (to study) and the online (to take the practice tests). The computer thing was (for me) a total waste. I might have used it more but for one major problem. I mostly wanted to use it on my laptop when I was out and about. However, when it first arrived I installed it on my desktop first and then tried to also install it on my laptop. Their online registration would not let me register the laptop installation (required to open the program). I could not get the desktop registration canceled which left me stuck. Arrgghhhh!

I found at least a dozen factual errors in the Gleim material which was a bit frustrating. It caused me to wonder how many others errors there were in the material that I wasn't familiar with. On the other hand, I did pass so I guess it didn't lead me too far astray ;) I suppose I would give them a qualified endorsement. You can find them at http://www.gleim.com/

BTW, Gleim offers their review course either as a complete package or by test part so you could get just the Biz part if that's all you need. You might also check the library--some have them in stock (I like free!).