ATX Community

2nd ATX Install to Open 2 Returns At Once-to Richcpaman

MJG CPA

QUOTE(Richcpaman @ Oct 25 2007, 06:51 AM) post_snapback.gifQuestion: Can you if using your computer as the server, also set up another account, on the same computer? So I can have two ATX returns open on my computer?

Anyone?

Rich

I'm posting this again in case you don't see my reply buried in the original topic.

You can install the ATX program to your hard drive and then do a network install (but the hard drive install has to happen first). You can check with Tech Support, but I believe you will have to uninstall the network version from your workstation before you can do the hard drive install.

This will allow you to open a tax return on your hard drive and a different return off the network in the same tax year.

This is useful, especially for a laptop that you want to be able to take out of the office (away from the network server) from time to time. So you install the ATX software to the hard drive of the laptop for use out of the office but connect to the network version when you are in the office. (You can have both versions open at the same time, also.)

QUOTE(Richcpaman @ Oct 25 2007, 06:51 AM) post_snapback.gifQuestion: Can you if using your computer as the server, also set up another account, on the same computer? So I can have two ATX returns open on my computer?

Anyone?

Rich

I'm posting this again in case you don't see my reply buried in the original topic.

You can install the ATX program to your hard drive and then do a network install (but the hard drive install has to happen first). You can check with Tech Support, but I believe you will have to uninstall the network version from your workstation before you can do the hard drive install.

This will allow you to open a tax return on your hard drive and a different return off the network in the same tax year.

This is useful, especially for a laptop that you want to be able to take out of the office (away from the network server) from time to time. So you install the ATX software to the hard drive of the laptop for use out of the office but connect to the network version when you are in the office. (You can have both versions open at the same time, also.)