ATX Community

CCH and SBBT

Teri2414

I just received an email from CCH warning that they feel unsure about SBBT being able to offer RALs this season and suggest that people switch to Chase. When I went to the SBBT website to check my details for FeeCollect everything seemed fine and they reassured that everything will hopefully transistion smoothly with their change. Now I'm starting to wonder if it will. My FeeCollect clients are usually the first ones in the door in a week or so. You know the type - "But I need the money as fast as I can and I can't pay you without it". I never offered RALs or anything like them because I personally feel they're a ripoff, but I do have a select group of clients that rely on the FeeCollect option. Then to find out the Asset History was also removed.........I have numerous clients with small businesses and rentals..........Somehow I feel I'll be wanting to forget who I am before my usual time around 2/14 this year.

Instead of fooling with fee collect, I just have the client write me a post dated check. So far, I haven't had any problem with that.

I have done that before, but as someone mentioned here a few years back, I believe there is some risk of that not being entirely legal. I guess we'll just have to wait and see....