ATX Community

2009 Form 940

David

I am preparing 4th quarter employer reports. The 941, state withholding and state unemployment reports for 2009 are prepared in the 2008 tax program. However, unlike last year, I can't find the 2009 version of Form 940 in the 2008 tax program.

As far as I can tell, the Knowledge Base says that the Form 940 for the 4th quarter of 2009 is prepared in the 2008 program.

Why are the other 2009 reports in the 2008 program but the 2009 Form 940 isn't? I updated the 2008 program, just in case anyone asks.

How have others of you prepared form 940? I would like to be able to prepare it in the 2008 program so it is included with the other reports in the client instructions.

Thanks.

The 940 is an annual report, not a quarterly report and that's why it is in its proper place ... in the 2009 program.

taxbilly

I found this to be a very efficient place, in the current year's program, for the 940. The calculations are practically automatic if you include it with the preparation of W2s.

Elfling