ATX Community

1040 Attachments

miatax

I waste too much time when printing the returns out regarding which additional worksheets / statements to print along with the return. Is there a way for ATX to automatically print those additional worksheets based on what was used per the return? If I choose all then the return includes all zero and unnecessary forms.

When you select Print, typically a screen comes up that gives options to print Filing, Client, and/or Preparer copies or to custom print maybe an extra schedule to go with a local return. The Filing copy usually defaults to print all the forms and schedules that you have in the return along with the appropriate statements. The Client copy includes all of that plus the worksheets so the client can see the data entry source, etc. and prints Client Copy on everything if you have selected that in the Preferences. The Preparer copy includes everything. You also can choose the State/Local returns. Worksheets typically are not included in the filing copy. You may want to print to pdf for the client and preparer copies then delete unwanted worksheets. I don't recall any unused worksheets being printed with the filing copy but maybe you are using forms and/or schedules I have not used.