ATX Community

ATX DOCUMENT MANAGER

TAXMAN

What is the purpose of document manager without scan-n-fill? How do you use this program and is worth the $? Somehow we managed to get this program but do not have scan-n-fill. Which would be better the asset manager or this program? Can I get by with Max and asset manager?

Just some questions I have on how YOU use these programs. Thanks to all who post a response. :rolleyes:

Document Manager allows you to scan client source documents and attach them to your client's file. "paperless office" (almost!). I find it much easier when clients call in the offseason and need help to simply bring up their records in document manager. Less filing, less filing cabinets, less labor to have someone help me file stuff. And

easier to find their file.. nothing more frustating than trying to find a file that has been "mis-filed".

The easiest way to use document manager is to create a PDF file of your clients return from the print manager at the same time your are printing their return(this automatically creates a file for them in Document manager.) Then I choose their file in Document manager and scan their source documents into the document manager. Everything all in one place. I did not choose scan and fill because I would have to review everything that scan and fill did anyway.

Didn't think it would save me all that much time.. But I don't have the time to deal with all the filing anymore.

Business has grown and it was cheaper to get Document Manager than to hire someone to file for me.

Just make sure you have a scanner that is compatible with the program.

Taxtrio