ATX Community

Document Manager

TAXMAN

To those of you who use document manager(not scan and fill) if you purchase DM this year and want to use it next year do you have to renew or buy it again?

We are only using it to store documents. I realize it creates a file in atx for the specific client you are working on, does it (dm) have to have current year status to work?

I also realize some are using paperport software to scan and save these documents. Can I put this software on a server and have 1 unique place to store all documents regardless of which computer or scanner it came from? I have paperport version 7, do I need to step up Version 12?

Thanks to all wh can shed some light on this subject before we get hammered. :scratch_head:

• 2 weeks later...

You do have to renew every year - which I just found out. I had TTO last year through TRX and it was included. When I renewed this year I was told that my current Document Mgr would work as it had options for 2010 in the files, so I purchased MAX and not Doc Mgr. New computer with Win7 and spent 3 hours on the phone with a great guy in tech support who remotely tried to make the 2009 even open (updated 9.2 will supposedly work with Win7). But he told me that even if we got it to work, it would not with 2010 program. Drat!

You were misinformed. I went from TTO down to MAX this year, and the DM is working just fine. I've only done three returns so far, but they are in there when I open the DM, and the scanned documents I saved are in there too, and opened up just fine. I did not have to do anything to add this year to the DM.