ATX Community

Can W-2s be E-filed using ATX Max ????

TAG

Can W-2s be E-filed using ATX Max ???? I've spent 4-5 hours today on the phone with ATX support regarding "Can W-2s be E-filed using ATX Max ????" and the support person (who was really nice and tried to be helpful told me he and everyone he asked did not know and that I needed to talk with the people at SSA-they are not answering their phones-I was disconnected 8 times.

Does anyone here e-file W-2s using ATX and if so how?

Terry D is on the right path. And SSA is not answering their phone today because it is a holiday.

I just found this on the ATX support web site. And from this: "You can find detailed filing instructions for federal and state annual reports on the Filing Info tab of Form W-2."

Hope that helps.

:

W-2 e-file features and limitations

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the features and limitations for e-filing federal and state W-2 returns created with ATX software.

The program complies with all specifications from SSA as part of the EFW2 and EFW2C programs (formerly called MMREF and MMREF-1). Unlike most other e-file products, you must upload federal and state annual reports created in our program directly to the SSA or state authority. You can find detailed filing instructions for federal and state annual reports on the Filing Info tab of Form W-2.

Forms included in an e-file (if included in the return): W-2 Originals W-2 Corrections

Federal W-2 Federal Corrected W-2

Federal W-3 Federal Corrected W-3

Annual Withholding Report for the following states:

AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, GA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, ME, MD, MI, MN,

MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, UT, VA, VT, WI, and WV

Forms not included in an e-file that will not prevent an e-file from being created:

All state W-2/W-3 equivalent forms

Other Limitations

ATX 2010 creates e-files only for tax year 2010. Prior-year returns must be created in the the product from the appropriate year. The program cannot create state correction files. Contact the applicable state agency for information on correcting state annual withholding reports.

Last Modified on 01/12/2011 04:13:38 PM