ATX Community

PA locality WNRTN

mircpa

Hello

Can somebody please help. Box 20 of W2 shows PA WNRTN. I tried to look up online and narrow down my search to Warrentown PA, I dont know if we are require to file Montgomery County taxes (Thats where Warrentown falls in) or Warrentown PA locality tax forms. Any PA tax preparers provide me guidance.

thanks again for the help

mircpa

In PA, you file a local return for where you live. The tax collector to whom you send the return will take care of requesting the money from the location where the money was withheld. Just be sure to include the W-2 showing the WNRTN when you file the local return. ATX has a generic local return if the locale where your client lives does not have a specified return. Many locales use Central Tax Collectors, Berkheimer, or Keystone Municipal Collections. Many more do their own collecting. I think last I heard there were some 520 local tax collectors in PA. Googling your clients place of residence should give you most of the info you need. If not, let me know and I will see what I can find.

Hello

Can somebody please help. Box 20 of W2 shows PA WNRTN. I tried to look up online and narrow down my search to Warrentown PA, I dont know if we are require to file Montgomery County taxes (Thats where Warrentown falls in) or Warrentown PA locality tax forms. Any PA tax preparers provide me guidance.

thanks again for the help

mircpa

Try this link, on the left hand side of this website, http://munstatspa.dced.state.pa.us/Registers.aspx

click on "find withhold rates by address."

Never go by what the bookkeeper put in box 20.

Hope this helps!

Try this link, on the left hand side of this website, http://munstatspa.dced.state.pa.us/Registers.aspx

click on "find withhold rates by address."

Never go by what the bookkeeper put in box 20.

Hope this helps!

This is an eExcellent website.....I use it all the time to search local tax info!