ATX Community

Another AR bug involving Clergy returns

kcjenkins

When processing a Minister's return, the program is not pulling the Clergy W-2 to line 8, nor is it picking up Excess Housing Allowance. The program SHOULD pull the amount from the Line 7 WORKSHEET TOTAL to line 8. In the past, AR had a separate line for Ministers, and the program worked fine. Now, the worksheet for Federal Line 7 works right, but the info does not feed to the AR1000F. The workaround is to go to the Fed Line 7 worksheet and link the total to the AR line 8, and add the AR4, which is where the nontaxable portion of the housing allowance now shows up. The AR4 is not being added automatically, as it should when there is Housing Allowance on the Clergy Worksheet. If you add the AR 4 the amount does automatically show up.

Thanks MUCH, KC! I've got a cantor who reports to AR -- and, as he's peripatetic, there's always so much going on that this might've caught me at the 11th hour.

VTY, TaxCPANY

When processing a Minister's return, the program is not pulling the Clergy W-2 to line 8, nor is it picking up Excess Housing Allowance. The program SHOULD pull the amount from the Line 7 WORKSHEET TOTAL to line 8. In the past, AR had a separate line for Ministers, and the program worked fine. Now, the worksheet for Federal Line 7 works right, but the info does not feed to the AR1000F. The workaround is to go to the Fed Line 7 worksheet and link the total to the AR line 8, and add the AR4, which is where the nontaxable portion of the housing allowance now shows up. The AR4 is not being added automatically, as it should when there is Housing Allowance on the Clergy Worksheet. If you add the AR 4 the amount does automatically show up.

Yes, I talked to a support person, and also left a note in the 'suggestion box', so I expect it will get fixed soon. Just need to double check it when applicable, until we know it is fixed. I also talked to the AR efile Help Desk, and they told me what I did would work for them. In fact, it was from them that I learned that the excess Housing Allowance, which used to be on Line 10, Minister's income, was now on the AR 4. I'd never have thought to look there for it!!!