ATX Community

Help! Please. Need to install latest version of 1040

BulldogTom

Setting up my laptop for a trip this weekend to do some tax returns. Update every day on both machines. Export a return from the main computer to the laptop. Can't open because the forms are a later version. Look up the version 92 on the laptop, 115 on the main computer. Update the laptop again. Get up to version 113, but still can't open the return.

Went to the website and I can download the form. Have it on my laptop.

How do I get it into the damn program?

Tried calling support. 45 minute wait. Tried looking on the KB, it does not respond.

You guys are my last hope. I refuse to wait on the phone 45 minutes for what should be able to be done in 2 minutes.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Setting up my laptop for a trip this weekend to do some tax returns. Update every day on both machines. Export a return from the main computer to the laptop. Can't open because the forms are a later version. Look up the version 92 on the laptop, 115 on the main computer. Update the laptop again. Get up to version 113, but still can't open the return.

Went to the website and I can download the form. Have it on my laptop.

How do I get it into the damn program?

Tried calling support. 45 minute wait. Tried looking on the KB, it does not respond.

You guys are my last hope. I refuse to wait on the phone 45 minutes for what should be able to be done in 2 minutes.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Tom,

There's no need to update your laptop. Go to "Gotomypc.com" and install their free trial version. Normally the price is $99 per year, however, after my first time in using the program, I was sold and responded to an early purchase email and paid $79 for the year.

Very simple to install on laptop or any other computer you have. You will be working directly on your office computer through your laptop, desk pc or any other computer you may want to use. Therefore, there's no need to update your laptop or other pc's as you will be working with your main program that you know is current. You can even have the returns printed out and ready to assemble when you return to your office or you can print them from the location in which you are working.

Best invention since apple pie!

Instead of working in my office at night to get caught up til 2:00 or 3:00 am by myself, I now am able to work in my home from my desk pc or laptop without the hassle of transferring files back and forth or worrying about using different versions of the program and or forms.

My daughter-in-law works with the largest health insurer in the country and their employees use Gotomypc.com when working out of the office or while at home.

Cathy

P.S. The only thing you must do is to leave your office computer turned on when you leave your office. No need to leave ATX open, as you will be able to do anything from your laptop that you could do at your office computer.....as long as the office computer is left on.