ATX Community

How do you know which forms are e-filed?

Kea

Using TRX Pro (Tax Works), I attached a .pdf to the return -- I think! How can I verify that it will get transmitted with the return before I actually send it? After I browse for the file, assign it to "federal" and click the checkbox, do I need to click the left arrow to move it to the whole list of forms or just click OK at the bottom? Either way, I don't see the .pdf file listed anywhere. Should I?

I know back when I used ATX there was a tab where you could see what forms got e-filed. I've not run across this in TaxWorks. Is it there hiding?

I might as well learn now, because I'm going to have to attach a .pdf at least one or 2 more times this season.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

KEA

You can go to http://support.redgeartech.com and the Knowledge Base will be there.

Put in Attach PDF to a Return or 8453. It has 9 pages come up on to do it.

I have never attach a PDF to anything and I have one to do. Hope this

will do it for you.

Joane

Thanks! I'll check that out. I went ahead and attached it (hopefully correctly) and sent it to the Filing Center. I called TRX to ask how to tell if it was attached. Possibly they could "see" it at the filing center. But the guy just said "if you attached it, it's attached" & when you get the acknowledgement, it will tell you that the return & attachment were accepted. Well, the acknowledgement didn't say anything about the attachment.

So I called back. That guy said he never heard about the acknowledgement saying anything about the attachment. But they really haven't had any problems with this. If it's attached it's attached!

I'm probably going to have another one, so I think your link will be very helpful.

Thanks!!

Wow, that is a great link. All sorts of good info.

It looks like I did attach the file properly. However, I still can't find out which forms (even if not an attachment) were actually sent in an e-file. Every search term I can think of is just so generic that I'm getting hundred of hits for each, none of which seem to help me.

Oh well, I'll keep trying (until lunch).