ATX Community

TRX and Taxworks

ed_accountant

I have been keeping in touch with both TRX and TaxWorks and you are correct that as of today there is still no decision for 2012.

I have prepared a list of all from this board as well as other boards who would be interested in potentially dealing with TaxWorks directly should TRX not be successful. To date I have seven including myself who are interested.

I suggest that anyone else out there who may be interested please send me your information @ [email protected] so I can add you to the list.

Let's be hopeful that something will come of this.

Thanks

Mike Dubin CPA

• 3 weeks later...

So, I spoke with TRX today and they're refusing to give me a refund (despite the fact that when I renewed, they gave me the understanding that I could get a refund at any time). I'm not saying I won't in the end decide to use Tax Exact, but doesn't it seem that by refusing to give me a refund, they are demonstrating a lack of faith that Tax Exact will stand up to the competition on its own merits??

Tax Exact may be a good product, but the customer service really has me scratching my head...

(I also resent being strung along all year with the promise that they were "still negotiating" with TaxWorks. That's some seriously questionable business practice right there; it sure seems like an outright lie to me. I certainly wouldn't have renewed back in May if they had been honest about the prospects for re-upping with RedGear.)

I also prepaid in April after the Salesperson, Thom Pope, promised and confirmed that they were still in contract with Taxworks and that taxworks would be for this tax season. I too requested a refund from Karen Bills and was denied.

They have outright lied to me. I feel they should issue refunds when they have not shipped any product!