ATX Community

Report if Last Year vs Current Year missing

Jeff19003

Does anyone know if this report is available for the 2012 TRX software. We deal with many returning clients and use this report to do the final review with the client to show what happen this year vs last year. This is the most valuable report that we use. If this report is not available is it too late to request it. I can live with no TaxWorks but this is a deal breaker.

PS If there is a workaround using excel; I am welcome to hear it.

Jeff

Does anyone know if this report is available for the 2012 TRX software. We deal with many returning clients and use this report to do the final review with the client to show what happen this year vs last year. This is the most valuable report that we use. If this report is not available is it too late to request it. I can live with no TaxWorks but this is a deal breaker.

PS If there is a workaround using excel; I am welcome to hear it.

Jeff

Jeff, give me a little more detail on what you are asking. Reports are pretty easy. What I think you are asking is can we create a report telling you who came back this year and who did not, or you want to be able to export clients to excel. Is this correct?

Doug

Hi Doug,

I believe his question is about comparing a client's prior year tax return to the current year. I use this report as well so that the client can help catch errors as well as for planning issues. For example, I'll ask if it seems reasonable that their wages went from $75K to $80K and they can say "Yes, I had a raise" or "No, they cut my hours so my wage income should be less." Then I can go back in and look for a typo or point out some other reason the wage income was higher.

I believe this feature is in most tax programs. At least it is in TaxWorks, ATX, Intellitax (OK, "was in Intellitax").

Hope that helps.

Hi Doug,

I believe his question is about comparing a client's prior year tax return to the current year. I use this report as well so that the client can help catch errors as well as for planning issues. For example, I'll ask if it seems reasonable that their wages went from $75K to $80K and they can say "Yes, I had a raise" or "No, they cut my hours so my wage income should be less." Then I can go back in and look for a typo or point out some other reason the wage income was higher.

I believe this feature is in most tax programs. At least it is in TaxWorks, ATX, Intellitax (OK, "was in Intellitax").

Hope that helps.

I am almost certain we have this already, but I will have to verify. We also may not have released it yet too. I will check.

Thanks

Doug Hughes

Doug,

The comparison of current year vs. prior year on an almost line by line 1040 form and Schedule A (including $ and % changes from the prior tax year ) is a report that I use on every return I prepare so I hope that it can be included.

Speaking of Excel spreadsheets.

Is it possible to import an Excel (or Excel compatible) spreadsheet into TaxExact for Schedule D transactions? I have several client that are heavy traders and can have in excess of 300 stock trades in a year. Inputting each transaction manually is a nightmare. Most tax software packages offer a feature to import a properly formated excel type spreadsheet to help populate the fields in these situations. Hopefully it can be done with TaxExact.

Thanks

John

Doug,

The comparison of current year vs. prior year on an almost line by line 1040 form and Schedule A (including $ and % changes from the prior tax year ) is a report that I use on every return I prepare so I hope that it can be included.

Speaking of Excel spreadsheets.

Is it possible to import an Excel (or Excel compatible) spreadsheet into TaxExact for Schedule D transactions? I have several client that are heavy traders and can have in excess of 300 stock trades in a year. Inputting each transaction manually is a nightmare. Most tax software packages offer a feature to import a properly formated excel type spreadsheet to help populate the fields in these situations. Hopefully it can be done with TaxExact.

Thanks

John

The comparision we will have. The importing a CSV or Excel file I will have to check but if it does not I will make this happen another great idea.

Thanks,

Doug