ATX Community

ATX 2012 & CCH

Joel

What is happening to ATX? We received the new program early this month with all the so called new features yet it still does not have half of its features operational.

This week I received an e-mail from CCH telling us to install the program and learn all about its new features and operations yet we cannot run the program without having shell loaded shutting down the program and we do not have schedule C, D, 4552 etc available to practice with. I cannot edit the billing form & the price list because these changes will be deleted(according to tech support) when the updates come next year (hopefully next week).

I have daily checked for updates but receive only a few forms. None of the critical ones needed to really work with the program and learn the new features. In prior years, (I have used ATX since 1997) by this time of year I have had everything ready for tax season, including the years that congress delayed updateing tax laws.

I also have TRX software (also a new program) and they are way ahead of ATX in form releases and functionality.

• Like 1

Every thing is delayed because the IRS has not finalized many forms and schedules. I am hoping that most of them would be released by end of first week in Jan. We also have Taxwise on one machine and that is in the same situation.

Yes, but a schedule C for 2012 will not change much, if any, from 2011 other than the year. The linking to the 1040 will be the same.

Also the problem with the shell loader has been documented since early in December but still has not been corrected. This is the inattention to getting things going for 2012 that I see. Tech support says that the shell loader should be corrected with the first update next year. How many other problems may crop up as a result of them postponing all the corrections until 2013? My approach would be to get as much up and running early and then add the changes caused by Congress at the end. Not everything at once in 2013!!!!

You are right. It is better to get as much done now and just do the forms update in 2013. Unless ATX programmers work like my teenage son, everything is done in the 11th hour, it may be that the functionality will change from last year. CCH is a reputable company so they should get their software ready in time.

Do you like the TRX product. I heard it has less functionality than ATX or Taxwise?