ATX Community

JUST A THOUGHT

GeorgeM

WHO EVER DESIGNED THE NEW TRX SOFTWARE, SEEMS TO HAVE NO INSIGHT AS HOW TO MAKE THE PROGRAM USER FRIENDLY. I HAVE JUST OPENED A RETURN WITH QUITE A FEW ADDETS, AND IT IS A SHAME THAT YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE SHEET THEY HAVE DESIGNED.

AFTER WORKING FOR YEARS WITH ATX AND REDGEAR SOFTWARE THIS IS LIKE A PIECE OF JUNK. (ONLY MY OPINON OF COURSE)

ALSO THE FACT THAT THE PRINTING ON THE ENTRY SHEETS IS SMALL AND WHEN YOU GO TO PEEK THE PRINT IS SOO LARGE THAT YOU HAVE TO OPEN THE FORM TO BE ABLE TO READ IT, WITH NO ADJUSTMENTS AVAILABLE.

PS: HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE HAD TO HAVE TRX ROLL OVER YOUR CLIENTS BECAUSE THE CONVERSION PROGRAM DOES NOT WORK.

George make sure you have updated to the latest I think 4.0.0.05 version before you do anything. The proforma (roll your last year clients) does work only if the last years database is in the default location. I think it is C:Taxprep2011Data. If your files are on another drive it will not work and you will need to call Tech support. I agree the peek window is of limited use because the form print is so large you have to move the slider to look at it. Would have been nice if we could scale the view to see it.

TRX has stated in a webinar that this is not the final version, there are updates coming that should fix some of these problems. Check out their webinar schedule for next week.

WHO EVER DESIGNED THE NEW TRX SOFTWARE, SEEMS TO HAVE NO INSIGHT AS HOW TO MAKE THE PROGRAM USER FRIENDLY. I HAVE JUST OPENED A RETURN WITH QUITE A FEW ADDETS, AND IT IS A SHAME THAT YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE SHEET THEY HAVE DESIGNED.

AFTER WORKING FOR YEARS WITH ATX AND REDGEAR SOFTWARE THIS IS LIKE A PIECE OF JUNK. (ONLY MY OPINON OF COURSE)

ALSO THE FACT THAT THE PRINTING ON THE ENTRY SHEETS IS SMALL AND WHEN YOU GO TO PEEK THE PRINT IS SOO LARGE THAT YOU HAVE TO OPEN THE FORM TO BE ABLE TO READ IT, WITH NO ADJUSTMENTS AVAILABLE.

PS: HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE HAD TO HAVE TRX ROLL OVER YOUR CLIENTS BECAUSE THE CONVERSION PROGRAM DOES NOT WORK.

George, As Taxed said make sure you have updated to version 4.0.0.05. As for the designing of the flow it was done by tax experts with a minimum of 15 years experience in offices doing 5000 + returns a year. I really think once you go to a webinar you find how easy it is going to be. Please study the default return and set it up and you will fly through returns this year. I will have a couple of updates coming this week so please be ready to update. We are increasing our update speed from 20mb to 300mb on Monday evening so all updates will almost be the speed of light. Doug

George my friend just told me that ATX is having some issues with the revamp of their software as well and they have to hold their horses until an update is done next week!!

George make sure you have updated to the latest I think 4.0.0.05 version before you do anything. The proforma (roll your last year clients) does work only if the last years database is in the default location. I think it is C:Taxprep2011Data. If your files are on another drive it will not work and you will need to call Tech support. I agree the peek window is of limited use because the form print is so large you have to move the slider to look at it. Would have been nice if we could scale the view to see it.

TRX has stated in a webinar that this is not the final version, there are updates coming that should fix some of these problems. Check out their webinar schedule for next week.

I have gone through the whole process of updating. TRX was in my computer and they could not get it to work. They had to take my datbase form last year and get me the clients and download it back to my computer. Only problem was they are missing 10 clients.

George, you may have the same condition that I had. When Jason called me, he verified that all of the clients were in the "default" folder. On your Cdrive, go to tax prep, ty2011, data, and then default. See if all of your clients are listed there. If so, open TRX and click on utilities and rebuild clients. Jason told me that doing this would not harm anything. After my second rebuild all of my clients were there.

I am glad to here the update speeds are going to increase. I am trying something different this year. I am going to download the updates and save them in my download folder and install them from there. The update file remains in the download folder just incase I would need it, I won't have to wait for hours to do the update. I hope this is a good idea and not a waste of time.

Terry I believe these are cumulative updates so all you need to save in your download folder is the very latest file. You can get rid of the previous ones otherwise your harddrive will get cluttered with useless junk and slow down the computer. If you look at TRX1 post he is getting more bandwidth to do updates so it should be only a few minutes for updates. I like that. Also it makes sense to reindex or rebuild the database after any update just so that everything gets updated.