ATX Community

EzTaxReturn

frannie

It just says you can file on Jan 22....doesn't say the IRS will process it. Heck, you can come to my office TODAY and I can file your return...it will sit on the server until Jan 30, but you can FILE it today (assuming you don't need any of the forms not released by the IRS yet).

There is a SMALL chance that this outfile is one of the "early testers" authorized by the IRS to e-file before Jan 30, but I'd bet lunch this isn't the case.

>>EzTax Return saying that they can efile on January 22 when no on else can<<

That is NOT what it says! The header is "IRS opens for e-file on January 30." Then it explains, "IRS forms and schedules will reportedly be finalized by January 22." Then it promises,, "You can file [NOT e-file] your tax return at www.ezTaxReturn.com, starting January 22." And lastly it cautions, "If you file elsewhere before [NOT on or after] January 22, you may not learn the correct amount of your refund when you file."

What is your problem with any of this, because I don't see anything false or misleading.

H&R Block has a different marketing angle. Since they can't do this year's returns yet, they will review or file prior year returns.