ATX Community

Pennsylvania Local Earned Income Tax Forms Missing

Crank

Doug,

When I spoke with Tech Support when I first received the software I inquired about forms for Pennsylvania's MANY local taxing authoritites and was told they would be included with the Pennsylvania return. I just downloaded the Pa forms and I dont see it/them.

Pennsylvania is one of a few states that has a local earned income tax and each district (depending on your residence) has its own tax rate. They accept Pa forms to be submitted with the local return.

ATX had a seperate form for each local taxing authority.

TaxWorks only had a generic local form (they accept a generic local form with supporting Pa forms attached - no efiling)

You can view the form in TaxWorks if you go to the State below the EF CTR button in the top left select from the State drop down menu then "PAG". The first entry is PA and the second is PAG which is the local earned income tax form.

Items such as Interest, Dividends, Net Capital Gains (Not Net Capital Losses), Rental Income (Not rental losses) are taxable to PA locals. The return does not combine Taxpayer and Spouse income (cant file joint) but does list both a column for the Taxpayer and a column for the Spouse on the same form.

This form is very important to me and impacts every return that I prepare.

I hope it is going to be included (with functionality from the Pa State) as if I were required to manually prepare this for every client (and child 18+ with earned income or interest or dividends) it would be very cumbersome

Also, each PA State require's a "school code" to be enetered based on the residence and the drop down list is in numerical order which makes it very hard to find. It would be much easier if it were able to be sorted in alphabetically.

Thanks

John

Doug,

When I spoke with Tech Support when I first received the software I inquired about forms for Pennsylvania's MANY local taxing authoritites and was told they would be included with the Pennsylvania return. I just downloaded the Pa forms and I dont see it/them.

Pennsylvania is one of a few states that has a local earned income tax and each district (depending on your residence) has its own tax rate. They accept Pa forms to be submitted with the local return.

ATX had a seperate form for each local taxing authority.

TaxWorks only had a generic local form (they accept a generic local form with supporting Pa forms attached - no efiling)

You can view the form in TaxWorks if you go to the State below the EF CTR button in the top left select from the State drop down menu then "PAG". The first entry is PA and the second is PAG which is the local earned income tax form.

Items such as Interest, Dividends, Net Capital Gains (Not Net Capital Losses), Rental Income (Not rental losses) are taxable to PA locals. The return does not combine Taxpayer and Spouse income (cant file joint) but does list both a column for the Taxpayer and a column for the Spouse on the same form.

This form is very important to me and impacts every return that I prepare.

I hope it is going to be included (with functionality from the Pa State) as if I were required to manually prepare this for every client (and child 18+ with earned income or interest or dividends) it would be very cumbersome

Also, each PA State require's a "school code" to be enetered based on the residence and the drop down list is in numerical order which makes it very hard to find. It would be much easier if it were able to be sorted in alphabetically.

Thanks

John

John,

On the local I will have to check and see when that will be available. Keep in mind the PA state is not complete yet as we are still updating all states and we get update requirements from the state DOR's. I will check on making that alha instead of numeric.

Doug