ATX Community

Preparer fees

lindakay

Is anybody having trouble with the preparer fees from the price list on the default invoice actually showing up on the client's invoice? I've tried everything I can think of, including what TRX support is telling me to do, but nothing is working. The last drastic measure was to delete all my clients and then re-proforma them after re-entering the fees on the price list. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Linda

I setup the fees by form in the default return's price list and then I saved it. Then when I create a return I use the default box checked or if I proforma a 2011 return I go to the price list and open it and then save it.

The issue that I have is when you peek at it it shows the itemized bill but when you print with the return it only shows the grand total.

There is a bug somewhere. Also we need a check box if we want to turn on/off detailed itemization or preparer info on the top. The way it is setup right now you need your own letterhead because it does not print the preparer info.

if I proforma a 2011 return I go to the price list and open it and then save it.

Not sure what you mean by this. If it's what I think you're saying, I tried it several times on several returns and the price of the 1040 does not show up on the invoice.

I got it to work for new returns, just not for proformaed ones. Then I got the same result as you when I tried to print the invoice. That is something they definitely need to fix. I might just set up invoicing in Quickbooks and forget doing it through the program, but then I might just leave this whole nightmare behind and purchase TaxWorks from Redgear this year and in the years to come.

I got my return from 2011 proformaed into 2012 and then I followed the steps in my previous post and i could peek at the billing with itemization, just could not print a detailed bill. When you proforma a 2011 return you will notice some fields blank. I close the return and reopen and find some of the blank data filled up.

I agree the bill has to look professional, i can make a bill in Excel too.

Got a call from the Drake salesperson, I guess they are raking in business this season from many dissatisfied tax preparers. They will go up in price next year!

Well, in my proformaed returns, charges other than for the 1040 itself come through in the peek version of the invoice and also in the total, but for some reason I can't get the charge for my 1040 (or 1040A or 1040EZ) to show up anywhere. On a new return, though, it does show charge for 1040. I'm getting close to bailing out, actually, in light of the fact that this is just one of possibly an infinite number of issues that need resolving.

I know time is running out. If billing is your big issue then be prepared to crank up that WORD macro or Excel to produce professional looking invoices.

i am more concerned if TRX will have the functionality to do accurate calculations like a professional tax software by Jan 30th. I hate to override fields with manual calculations! The owner Doug has assured folks on this board that he will be ready but as you can tell the current version is far from desired.

Well if he can't deliver a product that is suitable for the purpose it is intended for, you know what happens? Taxworks is finding that out now, and maybe ATX will soon follow.

Well if he can't deliver a product that is suitable for the purpose it is intended for, you know what happens? Taxworks is finding that out now, and maybe ATX will soon follow.

We will deliver just like have told you. We are releasing each day the improvments so no need to panic. Just think once I deliver and I will we will be the missing link for the alternative and you guys will benefit because we won't take advantage of you on pricing.

Doug