ATX Community

IS THERE ANY FUNCTIONALITY TO THIS SOFTWARE YET?

the boss

I don't think so yet?? I just proformaed a simple 1040 with Sch A. 1)W2 and 1)1099R and this is what happens. Tried this twice so it is a repeat performance.

The 1099R views all the copies with instructions. Why?

The 1099G is showing red on unemployment comp and cant get rid of that unless you enter at least a $

The Error Check says that itemized deductions is less than standard or something to that effect. So then just use standard deduction. To get rid of the error you have to delete the Sch A. Otherwise the error remains on reevaluate and return will not preview.

The 1040 remains greyed until you go to the lastname and link it with the client info sheet.

So even though the forms are 2012. I say this is not anywhere close to a finished return. May be in the next few updates we will be able to atleast see a correct return and print it.

BTW you may have to close the return and reopen when it freezes. Did not notice any data loss but I was not looking for it carefully.

Just created a brand new return (no proforma) single taxpayer 1) W2 and 1040EZ. This is what happens

The address line of the 1040EZ is not formatted correctly (Zip code is before strett address).

It does go though error check and the numbers appear to be correct (did not check it carefully).

So I guess we will have to do a whole bunch of EZs!!!!

Created a brand new return MFJ one minor child, no EIC 2) W2 and Sch A.

Most of it looks ok except on Sch A. i added astatement to put $500 for Union Dues. It shows 0 on Sch A, though it shows the caption union dues.

No issue with address formatting (same address as above) so I think the issue is with the EZ form.

I think I am going to watch TV now (too depressed to run any more returns) May be I will wake up in the middle of night and play with this abit more???

Schedule A, medical is just one field. No fields to itemize medicine, insurance, doctors,dentist, etc. No mileage deduction either. Just one field. State sales tax deduction is incomplete. Real estate tax is only one field with no link to detail statements (must figure you only have one mortgage). The same with gifts. No detail. That is as far as I have gone with this. Not in the mood to waste my time. So no, Schedule A is not functional.

I haven't "peeked" at many forms yet, so not sure how the address is printing. But if you are referring to the zip code first on the input screen, that's the same as TaxWorks. You enter the zip code and it populates the city, state.

If you are talking about how it's printing, then please disregard my comment.

No, I think there is a bug or many bugs in the software. Only form 1040 formats the address correctly for peeking or pdf creation. 1040EZ and 1040A puts Zipcode before name of City or Street address. I seem to recall the 1040 was like that few updates back. Hopefully this is a minor glitch that can be fixed easily??

But why does it print multiple copies of 1099R with instructions. We don't need a professional tax software looking like PDF fillables that you get from IRS? I seem to remember the CT state return in pink color. We are we trying to impress???