ATX Community

Dependent Problem

beckster

Check this out!

My longtime client has 3 kids and for tax year 2011 had a parent. This year (2012) parent is not a dependent on return. Tried deleting via client information sheet. No go....just get red boxes.

Next, went to interview mode and deleted from there. Looks like it takes. Went back into client information sheet. Still red boxes. Back to interview mode...no parent. Back to client information sheet still red boxes.

Hmmm....let me close and re-open return.

Well, still red boxes in client information sheet. So, then I open interview mode.....no dependents!

Start posting this topic....re-check interview mode and the kids are there now! Still red boxes where parent used to be.

????????? Why red boxes showing?????

:blink:

There is definately an issue with this software because on many returns the 1040 remains greyed until you go and link it to the client info sheet. I noticed this when you proforma a client. If you create a brand new return it is ok most of the time. I did run 3 test returns and posted on another thread.

There is definately an issue with this software because on many returns the 1040 remains greyed until you go and link it to the client info sheet. I noticed this when you proforma a client. If you create a brand new return it is ok most of the time. I did run 3 test returns and posted on another thread.

Which thread is that?

Thx

Which thread is that?

Thx

Update 4.0.0.10 and Is there any functionality. You may want to review all the latest TRX related post threads because quite a few of us are pulling our hair out! :wall: