ATX Community

For what it's worth to anyone.....

Scott_P

While browing the site, I have seen the comments about the displeasure of CCH. I had used ATX since 1997, but decided to look at software over the summer. Like some others, I looked at Drake and was not too thrilled. I heard about Tax Refund Express on this board and decided to try it. The 2006 version was ok and I did a return or two in it and decided to go with them for 2007. I had been purchasing MAX, but TRX was only $299 for their whole package and free unlimited e-file.

I did have some issues about the conversion for 2006, but the conversion to the 2007 version worked flawlessly. Most data converted correctly which was my #1 fear going in. So far I have been impressed, but the season is just getting started. I have about 170 clients and so saving $800 kept me from increasing my fees this year which makes my clients happy. My gut feeling that ATX was going away within 3 years appears to be happening.

I'm glad I made the switch this year and will be glad to let people know about my experience with TRX-PRO. For those who have not seen the TRX-PRO (IntelliTax or Orrtax), I have attached a screen print of the opening page.

www.trxalliance.com

TRXPRO2007_Main_Screen.pdf

Scott,

Yes, please keep us updated on how well this program works for you.

I am definitely not going to renew with ATX. They priced me out and I don't like surprises.

Jerry

I'm keeping www.oltpro.com bookmarked just in case I need it this year.

Will review all available software options after April 15th...

Interesting. I went from TRE to ATX. I don't think I had any major complaints about TRE except they didn't have a 1-800 and my long distance bill was high. (This was before I got unlimited time on a cell phone) My main reason for leaving was that it was a DOS program and I preferred to use a program that showed me entering the info on the form. They said they might be going to a form related program but weren't sure when.

I will definitely keep them in mind for next year if Mel in Hawaii isn't able to get a program up and running and if I decide that I am not too old to continue doing taxes.

Well, I checked out TRX -- not sure they have 941/940/W-2/1099 e-filing. At least I didn't see anything on their website.

OLTPro is defintely out -- that's only 1040. Or at least I didn't see any pricing for the business returns or for the payroll forms.

I really have nothing against ATX software {in fact I love it!} -- it's their "We don't give a darn" {or should that be we don't know a darn thing} Customer Service.

I'm still going to be evaluating softwares over the summer months.

Well, I checked out TRX -- not sure they have 941/940/W-2/1099 e-filing. At least I didn't see anything on their website.

OLTPro is defintely out -- that's only 1040. Or at least I didn't see any pricing for the business returns or for the payroll forms.

I really have nothing against ATX software {in fact I love it!} -- it's their "We don't give a darn" {or should that be we don't know a darn thing} Customer Service.

I'm still going to be evaluating softwares over the summer months.

We use PayCyle (Wholesale) for Payroll clients...who seem to get really hooked on how simple it is to use online...

It has a 50 employee limit per firm I think...but the backside support is very good.

As for the 1120s and 1065's not sure what to do about those...most days it seems I could live without them :)