ATX Community

Form 8829 & Sch A & Cap Gains Issues

Terry D EA

Taxman74, how did you know that new updates are coming tonight? Doug has been on this site several times but he has never (unless I totally missed it) posted that any updates were coming tonight? I even went to the trxmembers website to see if there was any news. Nothing. Tried to contact via chat and it just keeps on ringing, no one answers (this was around 3 pm) Did you speak to him? Do you know if we will be able to proforma existing clients? I hope you are right!

I have never faced this type of situation since i started doing taxes on my own over a decade ago. I used to work in a shop that had Drake and back then the Drake reps were on a first name basis during tax season. They would actually call and ask if they could help etc. I miss those days.

Taxed,I emailed Doug and he responded that update 11 is coming out late tonight and update 12 is in QA process. So, I'm hoping all the major issues will be fixed. I'm in the same boat as you. Everyone I know of is having software issue.

My first appointment is on this saturday. Hopefully I can print out a return without a demo watermark.

Same here, I pushed my Friday evening appointment to Sat early morning, thinking may be I will get lucky! Let's hope update 11 and 12 makes this software usable by Friday, otherwise i am in deep trouble!!! I wish I could do what Linda just did today!

You really like the functionality of Taxexact compared to Taxworks that we had? It does not even have half the features? But I guess beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder!

I could not see that demo, but is that an actual working software or just for show. Last year I got a link from them to demo Taxexact and all it was was a couple of screens, it did not create a return. Little did I know that is what I would end up with.