ATX Community

Pro Series

Guest Taxed

Got a e-mail from ProSeries rep that they are offering $300 discount to Taxwork users and will convert data for free. I think the prices range betwwen 749 to 949 if you only do a limited # of business returns. Will be calling them tomorrow.

One Week Onlysup1.gif
$300 OFFsup2.gif
heroTop.jpgheroBottom.jpg
E-Filing is live on 1/30.
Are you ready?
• Start tax season right: $300 off ProSeries. • FREE e-filing. • Packages starting as low as $250.³

Let us know what you find out. My guess is the $300 discount is the same $300 discount that's currently advertised on their website for the $1649 "Complete" package. And just fwiw, my Pro Series sales rep offered me that $1649 package at 40% off ($989) for 5 years when I talked with him back in December.

Good Luck with Pro-Series. I bet you will have some issues with their functionality as well. I know when I tried them on a demo, inputting was cumbersome and somewhat ridiculous. If you use the interview it looks like Turbo Tax on steroids. Too pricy for me and too much trouble to learn at this late date. Best of luck to you.

I am not a big fan of Proseries either. i have used it once before. It is the big brother of Turbo tax (same look and feel) BUT right now I need some software that is within reason AND can accurately convert Taxworks data. I can't input 300+ returns manually from scratch like brand new returns. If that would be the case then TaxAct is the least expensive of the bunch. However it does no conversions.

As a response to your other post. I think the stress and frustration level you are putting yourself through is not helping you at all. I get what you mean and how you feel. I too have wanted to throw in the towel and run. But after some thought and just plain relaxing for a bit, it seems as though everything will come together. Most of my frustrations have been with the program features and my lack of knowledge of how the product works. When I first got into this business with ATX many years ago, I experienced the same frustrations and later learned what a good product it really was (before the CCH buy out). Switching to TRX TaxWorks got me there too and now the same with TaxExact. I don't consume any alcohol so I can't advise you as to what a good drink to allow you to relax would be. But maybe a good walk around the block would help. Hang in there and I think we will all get through it. Remember, as I said in another post, we are supposed to verify all calculations and not rely on the software totally.

Here's a go figure. I don't remember where I read this but the IRS says for a practitioner to blame his/her software for an error is a lame excuse and not acceptable. To me that statement is questionable. There are times but not many, when the software can calculate wrong. The IRS has to remember a human wrote the program from their ridiculous and confusing laws. As much as I liked ATX, I did have a gliche one year that William couldn't figure out that prevented 1099 MISC information from flowing through to the 1040. I missed it cause I relied on the software. I paid the interest and penalties, ATX refunded the penalties and interest to me but I still lost the client. So, could we say this was indeed my fault or the software? All I know is I still make sure the calculations are correct.