ATX Community

TaxWorks Article

Crank

I have the 2012 Taxworks by Redgear and I have TRX software. It is a night and day difference. Taxworks has rolled out a new platform look that many users do not like. Taxworks has been Late on delivery of many basic functions such as printing organizers and printing returns. However, most of kinks have been worked out and fixed with updates. We are waiting for custom printing of letters, invoices, slipsheets, efiling, etc..

I have been able to prepare individual and business returns this week, so I am happy with Taxworks. Also, the states forms are working and available. I feel happy using proven software that I do not have to doublecheck and worry about calculation errors or rollover errors, etc. I have many business clients with depreciation and do not have time doublecheck or re-enter. Good luck with TRX.

I am still waiting for my TRX Refund!

Just FYI- I have entered depreciation information in a partnership return. This was a commercial building using 39yr SL and all calculations were perfect. This asset has been sold and I will complete the disposition and 4797 soon. Again, I think we are all a little paranoid ( me included). I'm still willing to hang in there. I have created many worksheets using Excel and used them to double check the software and so far all is good. Yes, if all business information would come forward that would be great but until it does, re-entry doesn't really bother me. I am also working on an S-Corp that their lawyer is pushing a bit because they are liquidating and are going forward with bankruptcy proceedings. Good news about this is it is a single shareholder, bad news is 325 assets and a ton of depreciation. If there is anything that makes this easy is when each asset was put in service, I created depreciation schedules, updated them when any of the assets were improved that extended their useful life so if I have to, I can enter everything again with somewhat less difficulty. Hope I don't have to.