ATX Community

Custom Forms

Terry D EA

Those of you who used TaxWorks last year may have extra client folders that fit their specific return cover (slip) sheets. I have created a MSWord template for the return cover and privacy statement. These do have macros in them which are simple. All you need to do is replace my firm name with yours. I cannot attach them here or on the other board so if you are interested I will be happy to e-mail them to you. Send me an e-mail at [email protected] and I will forward them to you.

I have them on my desk top to be filled in and printed first so they will be in the proper order of the return and I won't have to look or sort for them. They can be used as a mail merge document as well.

Just curious - are there any default customer letters already in the program? I haven't found them.

Not sure about setting up my own. I just want something basic with the instructions for signing / mailing check / or whatever action they need to take or not take. (like DON'T mail the forms).

There is a standard filing letter that states what you are saying. On the forms tree it is all the way on the bottom under the custom forms tab. If you open this tab, the form will appear. You have to check the box that says print standard filing letter and if you want to add a custom form, you can create it and it will be in the drop down list about 3/4 the way down the page. This is not functional real well yet and I have sent off the return cover and privacy statement to Doug so they could see if they could create it and get it to work. If they can, it sure would be nice to have it as a default.